MBF Azotobacter is bio fertilizer that contains colonies of Azotobacter species. Azotobacter fixes the atmospheric Nitrogen and makes it available to plants in asymbiotic manner. This species is generally present in soil near the roots of plants. Application of Azotobacter increases the yield of crop production.
Mode of Action
The beneficial influence of Azotobacter on plant growth is attributed to a number of factors.
Direct Mechanism of Plant Growth Improvement: (1) Biological nitrogen fixation under free-living conditions. (2) Productions of phytohormones like indole 3-acetic acid, gibberellin-like substances and cytokinins. (3) Solubilization of insoluble phosphate.
Indirect Mechanism of Plant Growth Improvement by Biocontrol: Antagonist of against phytopathogens by (1) Production of siderophores (2) Production of antifungal compounds (3) Induction of defence enzymes.
- Improve plant growth.
- Increases rate of atmospheric nitrogen fixation.
- Improve soil fertility.
Sizes / Packaging
- 500 gm
Dosage & Recommendation
- For Seed Treatment: Mix 750 gm MBF Azotobacter with sufficient amount of water and make mixture. Coat this mixture on 30-40 kg seed. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight. After drying sow the seed within 24 hrs.
- For Soil Application: Use 3 kg Azotobacter for 1 acre land.
- Compatible with MBF Rhizobium, MBF Acetobacter, MBF Biophorce No.1 and other organic fertilizers.
- Recommended Crops: Wheat, Rice, Jowar, Bajra, Maize, Paddy, Cotton, Sugarcane, Vegetables, Fruits and Ornamental Plants.