MBF Alpha Crop (Emamectin benzoate 5% SG) is a water soluble granular formulation cointaning 5% active ingredient and is recommended for the control of Bollworms on Cotton, Fruit and Shoot Borer on Okra, DBM on Cabbage, Fruit Borer, Thrips, Mites on Chilli, Fruit and Shoot Borer on Brinjal, Pod Borer and Red Gram on Chickpea, Thrips on Grapes and Tea Looper on Tea. It is an insecticide with stomach action and should be ingested by the larvae to be most effective. Affected larvae become paralyzed and stop feeding shortly after exposure to Emamectin Benzoate 5% SG and subsequently die after 2-4 days.
Mode of Action
Alpha Crop demonstrates a unique physiological mode of action reducing potential cross resistance to other classes of chemistry. It acts on the nerve cells to suppress muscle contraction thus inhibiting the larvae from feeding within hours providing rapid crop protection. Alpha Crop maintains control of a range of larval insects by contact activity with wet residues, but predominantly by ingestion activity. It acts directly with the larvae but exterminates them when still inside the egg, thus increasing speed of activity and residual control. Alpha Crop is considered as biologically selective for some beneficial species due to lack of intrinsic toxicity and a mode of action mainly via ingestion rather than contact activity. Alpha Crop is ecologically selective to a wide range of beneficial species due to the rapid breakdown of the active ingredient thus limiting contact activity to a very short period.
- Alpha Crop has a unique physiological mode of action, reducing the possibility of cross-resistance to other chemicals.
- Alpha Crop stops lepidoptera feeding within hours of ingestion, preventing subsequent crop damage.
- Alpha Crop is currently the most potent active ingredient available against key lepidoptera pests, providing the highest efficacy at the lowest rates.
- Alpha Crop kills larvae even within the egg before hatching, increasing residual activity.
Sizes / Packaging
- 50 gm, 100 gm, 250 gm, 500 gm
Dosage & Recommendation
- Dosage: 80 to 100 gm/acre.
- Recommended Crops: Cotton, Okra, Tomato, Potato, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brinjal, Chilly, Red gram, Chickpea, Grapes, and Tea.
- Targeted Pests and Diseases: Bollworms Shoot Borer, DBM, Fruit Borer, Thrips & Mites, Pod Borer, Tea Looper.